I apologize for the great delay in posting! We have been enjoying time with family here in America, and staying busy with missions conferences and church meetings. I really love missions conferences, and the preaching is always such a blessing! It has been good "recharging" this past year.
I am going to post a poem today that I wrote early last summer, but yes, you guessed it, it is about missions! Someday I would like to turn this into a song, but as I don't believe I'm very musically inclined in that regard, it will have to wait, :)
P.S. Picture taken in September. The barn in it is my 90+ year old great grandma's in the Ozarks.

Haggai 2:19 a
Is the seed yet in the barn?
2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Is the seed yet in the barn?
Vs 1
To be bringing in the sheaves,
Should be our desire.
To gather in the harvest,
To save souls from the fire.
But a bountiful harvest,
We will have none
If we forget the time of planting--
Is the seed yet in the barn?
Refrain:
Take the seed to the fields,
Plant God's truth in hurting souls.
Take the seed to the field,
God will bless the sowers toils.
Prepare for that harvest,
By taking the seed.
The barn never goes empty,
So go to the field....
Taking the seed.
Vs 2
We want a harvest quickly,
The hard work is so long.
We can't see the fruit coming,
We're tired of such wrong.
Lord of the harvest sees
Our selfish, thoughtless plans,
Whole his lost souls are dying,
Is the seed yet in the barn?
(Refrain)
Vs 3
Is the seed yet in the barn?
Is it piled up untouched?
Do you forget you have it?
We've been blessed with so much.
Others will not answer
To God's loving son,
If they have not heard the message,
Is the seed yet in the barn?
(Refrain)
....and I will leave with one quote I have been challenged by in the past months!
"What would happen in your life, if you got excited about the things God is excited about?"-- selected.
....but before I sign off, I want to share some wonderful news! My youngest brother Zebulun, who is four, received Christ as his Saviour last Tuesday evening. We were all praising The Lord! He is very happy and has been singing "He lives in me" here and there. ;)
God bless you!!
Love in Christ,
Victoria
That's wonderful about Zebulun, and so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting your poem too. It was very good. I wish more people had more of a burden for souls. That quote at the end is SO good too! Very thought-provoking. Thank you!
~Katie~
I really enjoyed your poem and quote, Victoria. Thank you! And that picture is really nice too.
ReplyDelete-Katja
Your welcome! Hat quote continues to challenge me!
ReplyDelete