First off, a while back, Abigail broke her toe! (Her second from the left). She was looking out the window instead of in front of her and ran into the partly closed door. So she has been having to take it easy so it will heal properly. Which also means she had to move her bed down from the loft we share and is sleeping on her futon on the floor. ;)
Second, I got contacts! ...It was a long and trying process, but I am enjoying wearing them so much!
And, third, I also got braces this last Saturday. And those are kind of painful. So I have to think ahead and remember how much fun it will be to have straight teeth again. :)
I am actually rewriting the first book in a series Abigail and I started with some friends back when we weren't even teenagers yet! I'm a little surprised that we still liked the initial ideas, lol, since most of my stuff from those ages (and even up until fourteen) is now buried deep in documents I do not open, if I can avoid doing so!
So you now know what we've been up to! :) I am hoping to post more frequently coming up.
Have a lovely day!! <3
Victoria

Poor Abigail! I wish it didn't take so long to heal! I'm sure you must feel that way too, right? :)
ReplyDeleteVictoria, you look so good in contacts! I'm glad you finally got them. Aren't they so nice! No watery eyes when cutting onions, no foggy lenses when you come indoors, when you take a nap and wake up you can see clearly right away without having to put on glasses. ;)
Thanks for posting! I love you girls!
~Katie~
Yes, it's hard for her to stay down! lol.
DeleteThank you, Katie! That's real sweet. :) I really do like things not fogging up, because my glasses would fog up even working in the kitchen! ;D
Love you too! <3
Victoria
You look nice in contacts, Vee! It makes you look older. Sorry about your toe, Ab...does it hurt? Katja
ReplyDeleteHi Katja! Thank you! I like them a lot. :) Abigail says it hurts only if she's up on it a lot, now, but in the beginning it was rather painful. :)
DeleteBut she also added, "not THAT bad..." ;P
DeleteGood! ;) Hope you're better soon...
DeleteGood work on the writing! I'm going to do that too, next month, on my own! Is it, like, you can write only Fiction?
ReplyDelete~ K.H.L.
P.S. What's the book you're holding? Is it one of those 100-year-old books you told me you bought on furlough?
DeleteHi Katja! What the people over National Novel Writing month say is, if you think it's a novel, they do too. So really it can be anything! I usually write fiction though. ;)
DeleteAbout the book-- yes it's one of my 100 + year old books I bought at the warehouse last year! This one is actually "Five Little Peppers and How they Grew".... it's a cute book, but I think the old cover is beautiful, so that's why I picked to hold that one! lol.
Hope you're having a lovely day! <3
Victoria
" Five Little Peppers"?! Why, we started to read it! I loved it! We never finished it, though. We stopped at the part where they're trying to make their mum a birthday party/present or something. I love the cover! ;) I'd really like to do the National Novel Writing Month thing, but I don't think I'd write enough in time because I write my books n the computer, and don't always get it.
ReplyDelete<3, Kots
Ah! Yes it's a sweet story.
DeleteWell if you're under eighteen, you can use the children's National Novel Writing Month rules, which means you get to pick your own goal. I did that previously, doing more around 30,000 words in a month, which was a better goal for me then. Now that I'm older I wanted something a bit more challenging. ;) I think you would like it too. ;) Some people use NaNoWriMo for a school project, but I do it just for fun. :)
<3 Victoria
I'd really like to join, but I don't have much writing time lately. Is it a every month or just once a year thing? Maybe next year I can set a goal of 50,000 words and + for the whole year. ;) I'm sure I write AT LEAST 50,000 in a month if I bothered to count them all! ;P Like right now, I'm busy "coying down" some French library books--aka copying out the story, or at least part, and so on--making up my own story out of it. For example, in the story "Little Men", I turned the Laurence muesum and a ton of other things into royal kids' amusements.
DeleteThat copying thing has been my way of writing since I decided to (around 7-8). When I met you, you challenged me to make up my own things. Even when I was only about 7-10, I copied things from the Bible into my own stories. And now, it's so strong that if I don't do it on a library or borrowed book, I kick myself forever! This summer I borrowed a Titanic book. I have practically the whole thing written down into a notebook! :) But after all, the great artists did the same thing, so maybe I too will write a great book! :)
DeleteWell, don't worry, when I first started writing "books" I would always write on very similar topics or settings as books I had just read of was familiar with-- very obviously so, as well, I might add. :P It was good practice, at least. I think a goal of 50,000 + words from you in a year would be a great goal for you!-- added challenge from me, for you-- if it's all or mostly original stories, :P
DeleteAnd oh yes, National Novel Writing Month is once a year in November. But they do have two "camps" (not real of course), one in April and one in July, which is more of a relaxed thing and you pick your own word count and your options are open to anything then-- a novel, book of poems, a play or what have you. If I remember write. Oops, I mean RIGHT! lol :)
Is it like you have to sign in and stuff?
ReplyDeleteYes, you have your own account, but I don't use my real name. If you have friends who do NaNoWriMo you can search specifically for their name and then "buddy" them and you will see their word count bar to see how they are doing. But you don't have to have any buddies. You get to put in what your novel is about-- a synopsis and when you start, an excerpt. During November, you go to the website and enter your word count and it keeps track of it for you and gives you your stats and things. If you win (reach your goal in the month) you can finish up your book or edit it or whatever and self publish it through CreateSpace (Amazon) and get 5 free copies. I haven't done that yet because the first time I didn't like the story well enough and this last year I rewrote it and the editing will take longer than the end date for publishing it to get the free copies. But that's ok. ;) I'm not sure if its the same on the kids site but there's also a bunch of other free things and sales for participants and winners of NaNoWriMo, like a free ebook to help you edit your book, and half off of a fancy writing program (which I dont use hehe)... Anyways hope that helps, and if you need any more info, you can shoot me an email. :) <3
DeleteThanks. <3
Delete