Thursday, April 2, 2015

One More Step


Yesterday I finished writing my Revolutionary War book-- that monstrous little thing tried so hard to not end,  (I have landed with 50,000 extra words than I first expected), but finally, Praise the Lord, it's done. 
Or at least, the second draft is. :P 

While there is still a lot of work that has to go into it before its ready to publish, I'm thankful for God allowing me to finish one more step. 
A lot of times, I think folks get discouraged when they think about how long it will take to do such-and-such, or how hard it is to do this-or-that.... I could go on. 

But today, change that. 
Be thankful for the "one more step" you just took. 
There may be many, many more ahead.... but one more step will always bring you closer to the end goal. 
And it is amazing to think that God is with you.
Every Step of The Way. 

And lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:20b

You all have a lovely day. 
<3
Victoria 

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I could not even imagine writing a book. How much time do you think it will be before you get it published?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rachel! I'm thinking about publishing a book of short stories first, since that'd be easier to test the waters with. :) That might be in a couple months. As for the books-- hopefully sometime this year, but we'll see! I've got a lot of work to do to make them ready. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I would love to read it! I hope that you have a wonderful Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D Y'all have a lovely Easter, too! Praise the Lord, He is Risen!

      Delete
  3. Good for you!!! I'm sure it's an EXCELLENT book, and that many people will enjoy it!! I hope I'll be able to say that I'M done soon!;) Keep up the good work! ;D

    ~Kots <3

    P.S. I'll remember that 'one more step' thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katja! :) You keep at it too! It's hard work, but its also really rewarding. ;)
      <3

      Delete
    2. I definitely will!! ;) I'm so glad that I'm writing a little everyday now. :) And it has it's rewards, you're absolutely right! :D <3

      Delete
  4. Good for you! I'm sure you must feel really happy! Great job!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie!! :) Yes, I was soo happy. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever let me finish it, lol!
      Love you too!

      Delete
  5. Nice Work!!! Keep it up and before you know it you'll be done

    ReplyDelete