Friday, March 14, 2014

Compassion in Action

Compassion in action.
Recently I heard this phrase and it really impacted me. Compassion is not just feeling sorry for the unsaved, but it is seeing the sinning and dying world and pulling the lost from the fire. That is real compassion ...in action.

Webster's 1828 dictionary definition:

COMPAS'SION, noun
1. A sensation of sorrow excited by the distress or misfortunes of another; pity. Compassion is a mixed passion, compounded of love and sorrow; at least some portion of love generally attends the pain or regret, or is excited by it.

He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity. Psalm 78.

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 1 Peter 3:8

And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Jude 1:22-23

Do we have compassion (love for the lost and sorrow for their condition)? Are we putting it in action?
It is my prayer that God will continue to work in my heart concerning missions and that he will help me do my part. God has commanded us to reach our generation. Will there be someone from every nation and tongue around the throne someday in Heaven from our time? Or will we be ashamed because billions of souls that we should have reached are lost?



--quote selected--
Have a blessed day!
In Christ,
Victoria

6 comments:

  1. How true! It's a very good post Victoria, thank you! The Lord has been working on my heart in this area too. :)
    Love you much!
    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Missions is so important and it's very near to my heart. I am praying that more will get burdened for lost souls ;) love you much! Victoria

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this post Victoria. I'm praying that the Lord will help me to love lost people more, and that I will be willing to go out of my comfort zone to help them see that they need Jesus.
    I love and miss you.
    Looking forward to seeing you in maybe a week or so!!!
    hugs, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good quote! I love it--and it's so true.
    -Katja

    ReplyDelete