We have been keeping busy and enjoying life, but have quite a few posts lined up. Now to buckle down and write them.... ;)
I made cupcakes last week when we had guests over for supper. It was a last minute thing but I was so pleased how they turned out! Often simplicity is the best kind of beauty.

Lately I have been thinking about my life and what it means. The future is not always clear, and I don't always know what the upcoming years have in store for me. But it doesn't really matter. I know the One who understands my entire life and knows exactly what He wants me to do. And so I'll leave it up to Him.
I have been deeply moved by these verses the past few days:
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 40:3-5
I have read these verses many times but lately they have become so meaningful to me. It's the first part that really moves me. "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness,". We do live in a spiritual wilderness, but I wonder if we are crying out enough. We do not know when Jesus will return.
On a different note, have you ever read The Headhunter's Bride? I recently read that book and really enjoyed it! It was so much different than I expected. The missionary bride was not your typical American/British etc. She was Japanese! I was thrilled to read about a Japanese missionary woman. It was a pleasant surprise. It was a very good book, (although if you are still younger than I, or have a weak stomach, perhaps you might not like it as much). The characters were nice, and it was also a very interesting setting. Although at first I couldn't think of where "Formosa" was...at the dinner table with my family, we discovered it is what is now Taiwan. :P I had never even thought about aboriginal people in Taiwan! Your learn something new every day. :)
It spans the last half of the missionary woman's life, including the Japanese invasions and then WWII. I won't tell you any more... ;) (it's not a romance though, in case you were not wanting to read that). I'm just wondering now if it's a true story or just based on real things that happened.
Well anyways, I need to go. Every one of you enjoy your wonderful day, and take time to smile!
<3
Victoria
I believe the book is historical fiction, giving accurate accounts of the time period of the book due to Mr. Pearson's extensive time in Formosa and knowledge of the area. - SZ
ReplyDeleteThank you for letting me know! Have a great day! :)
DeleteThe cupcakes look really good! Do you like baking/cooking? I don't really mind, but it's not on my "Favourite Things to Do" list! :D
ReplyDelete-Katja