Howdy!
Did you notice the change in the "Pictures" banner up at top? Yep, I thought I had better be truthful about it... because let's face it, the pictures are not getting put up every week, lol!
I already have pictures on my computer and on my camera for the next two picture posts, which is a good reminder to get this one up!
I already have pictures on my computer and on my camera for the next two picture posts, which is a good reminder to get this one up!
Note:
I'm so sorry, I'm not sure why the picture quality is coming up so bad! I will be looking further into fixing it but for now, so you can still see the pictures clearly, please click on the picture and it will come up in its correct quality. I apologize for the inconvenience!
For a while, it was quite warm here (that's changed within the past week) and I was making cold, yummy drinks. My favorite was... can you guess? Vanilla cold coffee. :)
Smiley pancakes!
I enjoyed a girl's day with my mum a few weeks back in the city south of us. We ate scones at Starbucks for a snack and it was sooo delicious. ;) We've made scones almost every week since then. :P
One Sunday a couple weeks back we decided to take a drive during the afternoon. It was chilly but we rode through the hills with the windows down and listening to the birds and just had fun exploring around our area.
Don't forget your hat, ladies, when you go out! :)
It was a beautiful day.
Excuse the blur in this photo but I thought maybe you'd like to see the rice fields! They're not as flooded here. I always have such a hard time deciding when I like the rice fields best. In the spring, when it's all shimmery and such a rich brown, in the early summer when it's a lush green, or in the fall when it turns gold? I think maybe the in between time of spring and summer. Best of both, right? :D
Josiah got a camera for his birthday, and he has been using it pretty much every day! I'm afraid he might be more faithful than me. :^ However I'm very glad he enjoys using it so much! We were doing some weird camera trick thingy here... I can't quite remember how we got this picture, lol!
Isn't this tree just lovely?
As the sun began setting everything turned golden and warm.
And here's another red roofed barn/shed/old house for my collection. lol. I have no idea why I like them so much, lol!
This is across the valley from our house, maybe five minutes drive if the stop lights are being cantankerous for us that day. I love these hills around here so much, the way they're always so green, and just roll, and turn into layers and layers of hills getting bigger until they reach the mountains.
This is my town. :)
And here it is again, also from the opposite valley. All those little lights belong to people who are most likely not saved and need the Lord.
Another day, and more rain. Isn't this gray just amazing! I am always so much more creative, productive, motivated etc on rainy days. This is out our dining room window, which faces the front. I decided to zoom in on the hills across the valley. (Actually, the hills in this picture are pretty much the ones I was standing on while taking pictures the last few above. So you actually get to see both sides in one post! lol!)
And it was of course a perfect day for a comforting hot meal.
Oh and remember the scones I mentioned from Starbucks? These are the ones I made my first try at Starbucks style scones, but I put a mixture of dried fruits in mine. I've also tried them with chocolate chips, which was also good, and Abigail made some just the other day with dried figs chopped up and put in it.
And they are very yummy. Especially with one of the following: Tea, coffee, or cocoa! :P Now I'm hungry for a snack... lol.
I'll leave with this:
I just went in for my monthly orthodontist check up yesterday, and they somehow manage to always create more pressure and pain than the last time. :^ At this point, I can't really shout because they've got rubber bands connecting my top part of my jaw to the bottom, and it's pretty easy to forget to be joyful today... yet, the Lord is so good I have to thank Him for everything! :)
You all have a lovely day-- take a moment to be joyful!
<3 p="">3>
Victoria


Will you make me some scones when you come visit me in Peru?
ReplyDeleteHehe... Aunt Sarah, your comments nearly always make me giggle. :P Ok, you will have to start a list of things I will need to do when I come visit you someday. :D
DeleteLove seeing the pictures from your month! The scones look yummy! You will have to make some for us to have when I come visit for a cup of tea after we get back there!
ReplyDeleteMissing you all terribly!
Hugs,
Mrs. Wilhite
Hi, Mrs. Wilhite! That sounds like a plan! :) Miss you all too. Can't wait till you all get back! <3
DeleteBe still,sad heart! and cease repining;
ReplyDeleteBehind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I read this poem a few days ago and what do you know it was raining then. PS: I like rain to a degree:)
When I read the first line my initial reaction was pretty much "Bahaha!" :P But yes, very true. Although Mr. Longfellow was probably speaking figuratively. ;) Personally I love rain though, hehe. :D
Delete