Friday, February 13, 2015

Week of Pictures, 3

Howdy, you all! Sorry it took me so long to get this up! First it was my computer acting up, then my camera decided to be a bit cranky and not load onto my computer. Sometimes, I wish everything wasn't so technological, but then after pondering that a minute or so, I change my mind. I am thankful for technology and how we can use it to keep in touch with friends, and (hopefully) be a blessing to others, through blogs, emails, etc! 
I'm not sure why I keep saying "Week of Pictures" since it almost doesn't quite fit, but oh well, it's what I've started calling it, so it's hard to reverse that now. lol. If you want to see the others, check out here (Week of Pictures 2) and here (Week of Pictures 1).
The first picture I have to show you is actually one my sister took out the window of some our best friends' house! We girls were enjoying some time over there with them, and we were loving the birds in their fun backyard. :) Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera along with me that day, so Abigail took some. If you look close, you'll see a stout little fellow on their bird feeder. :) 
 I took this in a hurry one day. I wish so badly that I could capture the beauty of things better for you all! Sometimes I look at pictures and am afraid it doesn't convey the true loveliness of things to you. Let me just say, that this picture hardly justifies that evening!
 Ok, here is a picture that causes a little bit of astonishment in me! What is this? Our driveway! I simply am astounded that we've been seeing blacktop once in a while here and there in January and February! I know to those of you who live in places without much snow this might seem like unnecessary panic, but for a Hokkaido MK, it's just plain weird. :P 
 We were busy moving everything out of our bedroom from the 3rd floor to the family room on the 2nd, where we two girls have been "camping out". And this is what is on the big plastic container that serves as my nightstand next to my futon-bed. Yep, definitely camping. (Just kidding, of course. Once we brought everything down, it looks somewhat like our room in here, hehe...) 
 Packing up some of my dozens of notebooks, plus some books that I had around my bed... I collect notebooks, I think, lol. But they are definitely used! ;) 
 Ok I know this looks boring, but this is the hallway on one side of our family room where all our dressers and Abigail's desk, and all our extra stuff (that didn't fit well into our family room) is. I realized that eventually our house will be finished and we won't have this drywall look anymore! I did not get sentimental and take a picture of it for later, (haha, we already have plenty of drywall backdrops in other pictures) I just realized it is an interesting pattern. Weird, I know. Sorry. Ok, moving on! :D 

 I was trying to take another "Reflection of me" photo. I wonder how many different types of pictures I can get out of that? And I mean, like obviously, no more mirrors or glass options.... Hmm... I can "picture" a couple more. :P Oh and yes, this is bookshelves in our family room. Also serving to hold a couple various items of mine. lol. 
You might remember the necklaces we made, mentioned in this post. You might even remember the camera one. Well, it's time to admit it. I liked the camera one so much I actually originally made it for myself. lol. I think it just fits my personality so well! :)  
 Oh, you know I mentioned the big plastic container I use as a nightstand down here? Well my futon bed is right up next to the closet under the stairs (normally used for storage for things such as a pack-n-play, sewing machine, patterns, etc). The big plastic container is in there. It looks like this. It's so cozy with the lamp on, and my brother Malachi helped me get a virtual mini fireplace on my digital picture frame. :D 
 And here's a little bit farther out so you can see the bookshelves next to it. Ah, bliss! :D 
 A great day, recently!! You may remember I talked about National Novel Writing Month back in November, well-- this is the book! I finished the first draft early February. I was so, so relieved when I was able to type in the last words. It's in a terrible state at the moment, but I'm so happy to just have it done! I'm partly looking forward to buckling down and editing it, and the other half of me... not so much. :P 

  I just LOVE it when God paints the sky. I love how the sky is gold in the summer to go with the green. I love how it's purple in the winter, to go with the sparkling snow. I love the pinks and the blues and the oranges-- and I love how the colors just flow seamlessly into the next. Stop a minute and look at all the colors in the picture. There's so many!
Oh and I might as well add, I've come to the conclusion I like little old farms, especially with red roofs. lol! 
 And just take a look at that moon! Isn't it simply amazing when the moon looks sparkly?
 And some more colors-- this was right before my class on Tuesday. What a brilliant color. 
 And the moon just looks superb. Excuse the fact that the moon is almost always not in a very good position in the picture. I really should figure out how to tighten the tripod.... :D  
 Ahh... baked apples. ;) Isn't the sunlight coming in through our dining room windows at lunch time beautiful? 
 Here is the other half of the blog, Abigail! I was hurrying upstairs, she was coming downstairs, and this is the resulting reaction. ;) The age old problem... Who's going to move to let the other pass? Actually, I don't remember. I think we both squeezed by each other. :P 
 Starting work on our room! 
 Again, more work on our room. :) 
 Moon, misted over, in black and white. 
 Same moon, in color. 
(Non-moon-admirers, I'm sorry for the abundance of moon pictures I seem to be collecting....) 
 Guess what! That is not stars. :D Nope, it's actually water droplets on our screen, except for the biggest, which is the moon. But, I just thought it looked cute. :) 
 There was a lovely planet (I assume it was a planet, since I didn't see any stars out, but I don't know...) And when I zoomed in close, it made a cross shape with the sharpest details. Unfortunately, someone else tried to play with the tripod and the whole thing kept sliding down on me. :P I was cold (short sleeves from working in our room with window open in Hokkaido February = kind of freezing.) so I was trying to hurry. So, the star/planet/thingy is not quite as sharp as I was hoping, and it's kind of a strange place in the picture. But it's still pretty, and I'm still glad I got some sort of picture of it! 
Notes for a book... I think I'll be writing it in April. Maybe sooner. Depends on a lot of things. ;) I'm excited, it will be a fun story. 
And more books! Actually this is the end of the Camp Fire Boys book collection we have. (Last post mentioned that, I believe). :) I thought the green of the page tops were so pretty in the sunlight! Zebulun saw this picture and pronounced it "interesting!"

Well that's all folks, I've got more on my camera I need to upload, but this will catch you up somewhat! :) 

What's your favorite sunset color?
I don't know. I like them all. :) Maybe the purples. Or maybe the bright blues and oranges together.... 

You all have a lovely day!
<3 p="">
Victoria

2 comments:

  1. I loved your 'see it from my view' selection! If you are interested in a learning situation for photography let me know. I have a couple I follow via email. Also if you would like an 'outsider' to proofread your finished book, I would love the job! Let me know! Love you both! AV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aunt Vicki! Thanks so much! I really would love to improve my photography, so that would be great. :) Thank you for your offer to proofread too! :D I appreciate it so much. :) I'll see about talking more with you about that when I have a book at that stage. :) I have to get past the writerly editing first. :^ :P Love you too! <3

      Delete