I am working on getting the next picture post up, but I wanted to share some thoughts I had. :)
Last Friday, we traveled to the big city on our island, about four hours south, to enjoy exploring a famous chocolate factory.
I'll tell you more about that in my pictures post, but there was one incident there that really made me think.
There were a lot of Chinese people on tour groups there... to be honest, it was a bit of culture shock for us, lol, and at one point, a Chinese man stopped us and asked if we were all in the same family.
When we said yes, he looked amazed, and Daddy began talking to him. Through the course of conversation we got to witness some as well, and the man told us that he was born when China still had the rule of one child per family, so had no siblings.
Then the Chinese man said something I thought was interesting. "It is sad for me that I don't have any brothers or sisters. It must be very nice to have a big family."
That made me think how often we in big families probably take for granted how blessed we really are.
That made me think how often we in big families probably take for granted how blessed we really are.
Yes, there's occasional scuffles, there's more noise than if there was only one, etc.
But there's also plenty of people to hang out with, talk to, share jobs with...
I am thankful for my family!
| A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Psalms 17:17 |
| Have a lovely day! <3 br="">Victoria3> |
What a great post! We truly are blessed aren't we!!! (In spite of the noise, lol)
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Mrs. Wilhite
:) Thanks! Miss you all! Stay safe. :)
DeleteVictoria
We love the noise! Haha! After y'all left after staying with us, we were really shocked at how quiet it was... We missed the noise then! :-) Love you!!! Give everyone hugs for us!
ReplyDeleteHahaha!... I'm trying to imagine your quiet house... :P Wish we could go back for a visit and make some noise for y'all. :D lol. Love you all too! <3
Delete