Everybody likes sneak peeks, right? So today I'm going to give you a sneak peek into the life of an MK in Japan around this time of year, a couple sneak peeks of things to come in blog posts soon, and a who knows what else? lol!
Summer has come and with it our interesting Hokkaido weather. From days when I thought I would just about melt (We're talking UPPER 80's F people! :P) to blustery, stormy days, we're never sure what the next day's weather will be like. And yes, I do realize that for most of the world 80's F is not hot at all... but this is from a Hokkaido gal perspective, you all. :D
Our 4th of July was a stormy, gray day, so we did things the Japanese way and had a BBQ in our garage. I've heard that Americans would think that is funny, but it makes sense to me, because you can have the shutter door open for the smoke to go out, but you can still grill even if it's raining! :) Anyways, we enjoyed our day as a family. We didn't do fireworks because of the weather, and we played our patriotic music quietly in the garage. But what is most important is realizing that God has blessed us by allowing us to come from a Christian country, understanding the cost paid by our founding fathers, and the way God worked mightily from 1776 and on in our homeland. :)
Our missionary summer picnic is this coming Monday, and you better believe I'm SUPER excited! :) I will do my best to be a shutterbug so I can show you pictures later. ;) So right now we are busy preparing for that! Some of the things in connection with that day will be: sunglasses, strawberry lemon bars (the dessert I'm making-- hopefully it turns out lol!), sunscreen, grilled chicken, walking in the woods, lots of laughing and talking, and fellowship. That's your sneak peek for that. You will see a post on this next week sometime!
Oh, and the picture you see up there, as the blog post header? That's a sneak peek of part of our bedroom decor! I can't wait to show you all! :) We have some finishing things to do, but I thought you'd like to see a peek. Can you tell what it is? I hope so, because I think I gave an easy part of it to show you all... I could have just taken a picture over the blue part. :P
Some more sneak peeks! :) Abigail and I have both been working on a sewing project. Mine is something I make all the time and for Abigail, what she's making is a first! We will be posting about them whether they fail or succeed (hehe) in an upcoming week or two. Abigail's hint as to what hers will look like is picnic. And the hint for mine is completely feminine, which is what my mum said when we picked the material from the sale bin. lol. I was actually debating between a more fun, unique print that somewhat resembled Victorian wallpaper and this one, but Mama suggested I go for the softer look for once. hehe. So I did.
Before I go, I'll leave with this! Note: this is not a Bible verse or based off a Bible verse. It's just something I wrote down when I was playing around with the design. ;)
Oh, and there's something funny about this one. I sent Mama this picture I had done:
And she wrote back relax=coffee.
So I laughed and said, "life=coffee?"
Let me know below if you agree. :D
You all have a lovely day!
Remember, you are precious in God's eyes!
<3 p="">
3>
Victoria

Loved the sneak peeks!!! I totally agree for you coffee drinkers and changed it to tea for me! (Of course chocolate would work too!)
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you bunches!! Please blog about the picnic so we can see pics! Wish we were there!!! Love and hugs,
Mrs. Wilhite
Oh yes, tea with milk and chocolate always counts too. :)
DeleteWe will miss having you all at the picnic! I keep thinking "It's so weird that they won't be there!" O.O
Hope you all have a lovely day!
Of course Life = Coffee!!!! How could it be otherwise?? Love you girls and can hardly wait to see what's coming up next! Was that plans to visit your Aunt Sarah in Peru I saw in the background of your sneak peek picture? LOL! Love you bunches, Aunt Sarah
ReplyDeleteHehe! Mama and I actually both said "Aunt Sarah would think so" when we finished talking, lol!
DeleteOoh yes, a Peru trip definitely sounds like something that should be a plan sometime. :D I'm always scouring for cheaper air tickets to random places. (Silly Me, I could give a rough estimate of the price from Japan to most continents by now, sigh)... lol! I really want to see other places and cultures. Looking at maps makes my heart thump and get achy! Weird, isn't it!
Love you too!