Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cinnamon Streusal Brownies

Hello! 
Allow me to introduce you to a new friend of mine, Cinnamon Streusel Brownie. ;) 
These are so good. In fact, I had already taken two little bites when I realized "Hey, I could take a picture of this and post the recipe on the blog!" So yes, that's why there is only half a brownie in the less-than-artistic picture. 

I don't know about you, but I find brownies to be perfect chocolatey goodness just waiting for a little creativity. Back in December, we made a pan of candy cane brownies. Those too were ah-mazing. Super sticky, super gooey, and full of festivity! 
This time, I decided to go in a different direction. Still wintry, although honestly I could find a good reason to eat these any season of the year. I think cinnamon and chocolate together is delicious, and we all know that a little crunch in brownies is great, right? So I decided to try out Cinnamon Streusel on top of the Brownies. 
They turned out nicely, and since I have leftover streusel I may just have to make more. ;) 
I thought I'd share how I did it so you all could try it out too. 

Here is my favorite brownie recipe from food.com. Whatever Floats Your Boat Brownies

We like putting chocolate chips in the batter sometimes. ;) 

For the streusel, here is what I did! 
--
3 Tablespoons melted butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
cinnamon to taste

I mixed all of the ingredients together, then added flour as needed till it formed a ball easily. I didn't actually take it to extreme crumble stage--the streusel will still be soft, kind of cookie dough like. 
Break it up all over your pan of brownies. You might have some leftovers. I made an 11 by 7 pan and I only used about half of the streusel. 
Now sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
Bake as directed in your favorite brownie recipe! 

If you try it, I hope you'll leave a comment and let me know how you liked it! :) 
Have a lovely day. 
<3 p="">
Victoria

8 comments:

  1. These sound wonderful!! Maybe you will have to make a batch to welcome home some poor missionaries after a long furlough.......(hint, hint) ;). Just kidding. They DO sound delicious and I can't wait to sit and share some over a cup of tea with y'all! See you soon!!
    Love and hugs,
    Mrs. Wilhite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, yes... a cuppa tea sounds lovely! :P See y'all soon!! *preparing confetti for your return* lol. <3

      Delete
    2. Those look delicious!! Remember the first recipe you shared with me? It was for éclairs. They have been sounding good lately! What are you going to make next? I've also been wanting to try making a chocolate raspberry cake. Wish you were here and we could bake together!

      Delete
    3. Yes, I remember that! That was quite a while ago. :P I'm not sure what I'm going to make next--been thinking about lemon pound cake or the like, but also am playing around with the idea of caramel something... lol! Chocolate raspberry cake sounds amazing!! If you make it you'll have to tell me how it went. :) Wish we could bake together, too. :(

      Delete
  2. Those look awfully yummy! Especially as I'm really hungry right now. ;) Wish so bad we could come over and have some with y'all! Love you much! ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything sugary and sweet (which isn't always a good thing!). Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Rebekah Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sweet tooth, too. :P Let me know how you like it if you end up trying the recipe! :)

      Delete