Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Gone green

It just makes sense that Malachi, number three kid in our family, likes the color green best. After all, his birthday is on St.Patrick's day!
We always wear green for those two reasons. :) It's fun!
He is one of our comedians, a tech-geek, and cruncher of numbers and facts. He says it's fun. He wants to fly...as a missionary pilot, someday. He thinks space is awesome. And he has been surrendered to preach since five years old.
We girls are kind of proud of him :D





Flashback two years ago. ;) Victoria's "pride and joy" cake. It was really fun to make :P with the most delicious bugs we have ever eaten. :)





Speaking of bugs, some random news.... We just finished our last meeting, which happened to be a missions conference. At their international dinner, we girls ate some silk worms from Vietnam! Victoria thought it tasted kind of like dirt inside of a sausage casing... pretty bland, but claimed it was not bad. She says she could eat them easily as long as she had water to kind of moisten it but told the people they would be good with ketchup :D I, Abigail, liked them very well! I said if I lived in Vietnam and had them often I would like it a lot.
There was a lot of other interesting things there, too. In fact, many countries were represented that we had never tasted food from! Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, Germany, Scandinavia, Greece...as well as Chinese and Mexican. We also brought Japanese. ;)
Another miscellaneous snip of information...did you know Patrick of Ireland was really a Baptist? He held to all the Baptist distinctives, although with one of them there is a little question on for lack of information. At any rate, he definitely wasn't Catholic!! :)
Well, I warned you it would be random. :)
Have a good day!
Abigail and Victoria

7 comments:

  1. Oh! I can't imagine that bugs could taste good! �� But I'm glad you liked them. :)
    Hope Malachi had a nice birthday. Please tell him that we're sorry we forgot to send him an e-card. /: ]
    Can't wait to see you all sometime soon!!
    love, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they really weren't bad, but not many other people tried hem, no one else in our family did either, haha! I will tell Malachi. We are all looking forward to seeing you all too! ....side note, could you tell me how het pictures are? I've been trying to get them to be right but so far it seems kind of wonky, like, really small, and if I up the size, pixelated?? Victoria

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Malachi!!!
    Bugs!...Well, if you could eat them, maybe I could too... ;) Were they cooked or anything, or raw? If they were raw, I don't think I could bring myself to eat them unless I absolutely had to!
    About the pictures- yes, they are like you said, small until now, and the bigger ones somewhat pixelated, but they aren't bad, and I like to see the pictures bigger. :)
    I hope all your packing and busyness is going well! See ya soon!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were fried. I reckon you could eat them, Katie. ;) well, I'll try to figure the picture thing out...bear with me. :P

      Delete
  3. Hi, girls!
    Say happy birthday to Malachi for me please. I didn't know it was his birthday--we were on a trip, and I couldn't check my emails. :)
    How did you manage to eat those bugs?? Eww...I don't think I could have done it. I can't eat onions--it makes me think of worms.
    Well, I'm really glad you're going home soon. I bet you guys are really excited! Hope you have a safe trip. God bless!
    -Katja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katja, I'll be sure to tell Malachi that, ...well about eating the bugs, I made myself eat it before anything else, so I kind of had to eat it. Plus, my first bit was kind of tiny. Lol. Then I just ate it up. It's kind of strange but it wasn't as bad as one might expect. I'm a texture person so I thought is might be kind of squishy and ....we ww that would be harder, but it was actually kind of dry. Lol! Yes, we are excited to get back! Please pray we

      Delete
    2. Oops published before I finished,,,but yes, please pray we have a safe trip and don't get sick/ and hopefully don't have too many eventful things happen, ;) before we go or during our trip!

      Delete