The 15 of April is Josiah aka Joe's birthday. He turned 9 years old.
He has always reminded us of Curious George. He's pretty shy, but he's the corniest little kid out there! His latest favorite things are cowboys, and he has always liked his bicycles. Therefore,I made him a cowboy cake! One of my hobbies is cake decorating and I was eager to try out making my own fondant. While I didn't care for how it turned out (our tastes since coming to Japan 13 years ago has changed to where we don't like super sweet things very much), it was an interesting experience and I'm going to try to find a different recipe someday. :) It was fun to work with however.
The design was really last minute, and I worried that it looked too "Viking" but everyone else didn't think so, so that was good. :)





And it was only today I realized that I don't think we ever posted about Zebulun's birthday! He had his birthday three days before we left for Japan, and things were pretty crazy. I honestly thought I had gotten that post published, but I guess it was one of the ones I never got around to.
Zeb is very energetic and independent. He is also very smart. He learned his first two kanjis at age three. He likes to help people vacuum and ever since he got saved a couple months back, he loves to tell people about God, getting saved, or going to church. One time when we were staying around our home church, he told a young lady at a restaurant how good our church was. "We have a neat nursery too", he added. Lol!
Zeb on his birthday....Malachi likes to do snap circuits (electricity and batteries and what not...I certainly don't know how to work it) and he arranged them just so to play Happy Birthday for Zeb.

He likes little dogs and animals....(this is my aunts dog)

Especially his stuffed animals!

Have a great day! :)
Victoria <3
Happy birthday, boys!
ReplyDelete-Katja
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops..that wasn't what I meant to do! :(
ReplyDelete