Third, jet lag is a nuisance.
(Haha yes the "third" thing was on purpose...thankfully we are over it mostly!)
I'm just going to put some pictures on here, smorgasbord of our last two weeks or so back in Japan. Enjoy!
Flying out of Korea.

Inside the plane on our way to our island!

Sapporo ramen the next day with a Japanese friend-- I thought it was brilliant because they had hard boiled eggs in bowls on each table to eat with your ramen!

Traveling the four hours back to our house from the airport.

Some of us ended up sleeping, like Zeb here. :)

Two girls excited to get back!


Yes we still have snow....big time. Our last few weeks have been an awesome mixture of rain storms, super clear days, and blizzards. (That is Hokkaido for you!)

This is what the main highway looks like on our island!

One of the many temples.

This place serves pumpkin ice cream. But not pumpkin pie flavor...just pumpkin. It wasn't bad.

Back in the land of tea! Yum!

"Welcome home" in Japanese.

Thoughtful signs.

My ultimate favorite Japanese food, sekihan!!! It's amazing ;)

Our little eight passenger van! :) after a twelve passenger for a year in the states I couldn't help laughing when we all got in here. It works great here in Japan, but I'm glad we had a bigger van for furlough!

Many many thanks for the people who prayed for our safety! We had a good trip and it was relatively easy getting through customs. Only one notable difficulty, when Malachi held up the entire line of customs in Korea because of his dangerous backpack...he had a box of Legos, a tin of metal puzzles, his entire coin collection, and a couple tools. :P They thoroughly searched his backpack, did a pat down on Malachi etc. It took the Koreans a while to figure out that he was ok, so we had to wait for him a couple minutes.
I hope you all have a lovely day. Here is an inspiring quote I read in someone's home back on furlough that I liked.

Victoria <3
Hi, girls! Glad you're back! I really like your quote, Victoria! ( I always like them :)).
ReplyDelete-Katja
We are glad to be back too! Also I'm glad you like he quotes. I should keep posting them, then, eh? (P.S. Like the Canadian touch at the end? Lol!) love you!
Delete