Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Windy at the beach--our visit to Teshio

When most people think of going to the beach, they picture a cloudless blue sky, bright sand, and lots of sun. So it's rather funny that most of the times I've been to beaches in my life the day has been beautifully gray, to match the water, and the sand is black. And the water is frothy and cold.



Back last month, we were able to go up to a tiny coastal town, Teshio, to visit some missionaries-- our "Uncle" and "Aunt". ;) We were so excited going up! The drive through the mountains to get there is absolutely lovely any time of year, but it was fun for us to go up in summer, since usually it is late fall most the times we go up.
So I thought I'd give you a peek of Japanese beaches...so be prepared, there's lots of pictures, :)
Our first stop when we got to Teshio was visiting the reindeer farm. Reindeer are not native to Japan, or do we have them imported very much, but I kind of wish they were! Lol! They have pure velvet for their horns and they are very soft. Their hooves are rather unusual, but I reckon they can walk on snow better that way.

And this is what the oceans look like around our island! :)
This is my littlest brother Zebulun.

And my brother Josiah..... We enjoyed throwing the buoys out as far as we could. ;)

Gideon...about to throw one of the larger buoys.
And here's the great toss! Lol.

It almost became stormy weather, by the rain held off and it eventually calmed down. I absolutely loved the sea kicking up a little! :P
Brother Malachi...Abigail was the photographer for all these pictures, by the way. I was too busy running around , haha! She was taking portrait style pictures of everyone there, but didn't ask anyone to take one of her, so sadly we lack a shot of Abigial by herself.
Which, seeing the ones of me and my mum, might be a good thing for Abigail, lol, we look very wind blown! Haha, the sea spray really came up strong, so everything was turned misty for those of us with glasses.
Mama
....and daddy!
If you have never picked up driftwood and played sword fighting on a beach you definitely should, ;) it's a lot of fun.
Especially chasing your brothers, haha!
The missionaries we visited, :)
Me, showing Zeb driftwood for his own stick sword :D
The waves were perfect!
Although Zeb was not sure what to think when he got sand in his mouth!
The two "lovely" (**cough**) girls who run the blog, being silly!
That night, we played Bible outburst. I really enjoyed it!
We also made homemade ice cream and had a cookout in their awesome deck, ;) the next morning, we all went on a walk. Well, he boys and some of the others ended up playing at a park, which they enjoyed! It was fun for us land lubbers smack in the middle of the island, haha, to get a chance to walk by the ocean.
The air is so different by the ocean than what we have in our farming /mountain area. They are both good. ;) I am very unaccustomed to hearing water lapping around boats when I go on walks, though! Lol!

So, a big thank you to Uncle Ken and Aunt Vicki for helping us make some wonderful memories! We enjoyed the time so much.
I don't know where I got this from, but I rediscovered it today in one of my many notebooks, and thought it was a perfect quote!
Enjoy your beautiful life and don't forget what it takes to get one! ;)
Have yourself a lovely day,
Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've never been to the beach that I can remember, but I have been to several waterfalls.
    -Katja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you. :) I love the ocean and the mountains best out of all of nature I think! Lol. And the woods. Although, there is a different beauty with the southwest and Oklahoma that I really love too.

      Delete