I can hardly believe how the days have slipped by since our last post on here-- and it's even more awful realizing how long it's been since the last picture post. :(
But here is a fresh post all about picnics and fireworks and summery things, so even though it's rather short, maybe it will make it up a little.
For privacy reasons I won't be sharing many photos of our missionary friends at the picnic back in July, but let me say it was such a lovely time! :)
This is the blouse Abigail made-- it's what we mentioned back in the sneak peek post. We'll hopefully be doing a write-up about both things we made in the near future with closer looks at the projects. :)
It was such a great day picnicking and just being able to fellowship with everybody. It was a very hot day for Hokkaido, but the Lord kept the day rain-free so that was nice.
There was a lovely sunset that evening as everyone was preparing to leave, but I'm afraid I didn't get a very good picture of it. One of my friends happened to have the misfortune of breaking her wrist that evening and had just been taken to the emergency so I wasn't really worried about taking the perfect picture.
We were trying to occupy our time one night when us kids were waiting in the car for our parents, so we decided to see who could do the best picture with the night time flash. :P Probably not very wise, but it was pretty funny looking at the pictures later.
One afternoon we had a beautiful rainbow, and it actually turned into a double rainbow, too!
I just loved the soft colors against the grey of the sky.
That night, we walked through the back lot and up into our neighbor's potato fields to watch the city's annual firework display. We were hoping for the rain to hold, and that the fields would be dry enough... It was a perfectly dark and slightly cloudy night for the fireworks though!
It started sprinkling the last fifteen minutes, but never got too cold or wet before it was over and we went home. Some friends had stopped by on their way through and we enjoyed laughing and talking a lot! :)
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
Psalm 66:1
Did you get to enjoy fireworks and picnics over your summer?
What's the oddest thing you've done while waiting with nothing to do?
You all have a lovely day!
<3 comment-3--="">3>
Victoria

Loved the bird pic!! All the pics were fun to see!!
ReplyDeleteMiss you all!
Love you!
Mrs. Wilhite
Thanks! Miss you too! <3
DeleteI liked the pictures! I'm sorry I messed up your picture of the sunset, but I think it looked really pretty anyway. And the laughing and talking you mentioned was SO MUCH FUN!! Love you! ~Katie~
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked them! It was so fun having y'all over last week. Have a lovely day! <3
Delete