They did have a "date", but only for half of the time. The other half...they had some company.
They picked up some very special friends of us girls from the airport! Anna (who had her seventeenth birthday on the trip), Abigail--Victoria's age, and Andrea. :) They had been planning this trip since January and had gotten the tickets in February. And they kept it a secret from us girls the whole time! We write each other all the time and I'm pretty sure that for the past six months there hasn't been a week that we haven't spoken at least once to each other.
I was just about finished making supper. I had some homemade french fries in the oven, the salad was made, and the roast was ready when Daddy called us and told us kids to all go outside. They had a surprise for us.
So we were out there, wondering what on earth it was. And what Daddy says in the video was exactly what Victoria was thinking. :D
I was shocked. I couldn't believe it! They were actually here!!
The next day, we went on a walk and went to a ramen shop for lunch and to discuss plans for the next 11 days.
"Riding" an elephant at our neighbourhood park. It's on our lifelong friendship bucket list...riding an elephant. We didn't specify if it was a live one or not. :P
Playing a jyanken game. (Rock, scissors, paper)
Enjoying ramen.
Wednesday night service and fighting jetlag. ;D
I will share more of our busy, fun adventures soon. ;) I hope you all have a beautiful day!
:)
Abigail








I was shocked myself when I heard they were there! I'm so happy they were finally able to come after years and years of you girls wanting them to. :) I'm glad you were able to have such fun and special time together! I'm looking forward to your other posts! Love you!!! ~Katie
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get the video to work...
ReplyDeleteOh, wow, how great! You five are all so blessed! I'd love to do that some day. . . ;)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'd just like to drop a note that I can't make the video work. I tried on my iPhone and on the computer but it didn't play, jut showed up as an image. Just thought you'd like to know! :)
❤️
~Katja
Sorry about that. I fixed the video. So, hopefully it should work now. If you have anymore problems with it please let me know. ;)
DeleteThank you for the comments! <3
Oh, Ab, that was SO funny! Zeb, you're so CUTE! I felt with the one who said “I can't handle this!” I'd be in hysterics—you know, squealing and laughing and giggling and all that. . . Mr. Minks wouldn't help! ;P
DeleteIt was so nice to hear Mr. & Mrs. Minks! Mr. Minks was in the campfire video but Mrs. Minks wasn't. It was nice to hear her voice again!
You guys have all changed so much. . . It was funny to see the boys there just ho-hum and you crying and Vee running and hugging and talking. . . I think if have done both. Ha!
When I talked about the video to Bette and Lib they both were convinced that the hysterical one was Vee, because I'm so like her. ;P It's funny how girls usually hug, isn't it? Boys often don't. I don't know how they do it! I can't HELP hugging! :)
I miss you all. . . Now I think I miss you more. . .
~Kots