Friday, July 22, 2016

Friends From Montana

Hello all!
I hope you are having a beautiful day!
I can't believe how fast time has flown. We've been pretty busy and have had some exciting things recently. More on that soon. ;) Anyways, I thought it's about time I showed you some pictures from when our friends from Montana were here. :)


We went to lots of places and did lots of things. They got to see a good bit of Hokkaido. The first place we went to was the ocean at the top of the island. Approximately 3-4 hours away from home. We got to go to where the Japan Sea and Okhotsk Sea meet. It was extremely windy. :D
We also got to go to the tippy-top of Hokkaido. On clear days, you can see Russia from there. It was too hazzy that day though. 
 

The next day, we went to an old Anne of Green Gables museum. It's pretty much deserted and getting run down. They wanted to go to a ghost town and that was the closest thing we could think of. :D We saw two foxes and a rabbit. :)

That day, we also went to Bie. It's a pond really famous for its bright blue color. We got there as the moon was coming out. The mountains (which you can not see in the picture) were absolutely beautiful and the frogs were croaking really loud. 

After that, we went to a volcano and waterfall. It was dark by then, but we had fun climbing the 285 stairs. (We counted on the way down. In the picture we are saying the number of stairs with our hands.) Crossing the bridge over the deep gorge in the dark was something. I don't think I'll ever forget it. It was so far down. I was trying hard not to get nervous when we looked over the railing. 

At the bottom of the stairs. At the top, it smelled a little like sulfur. 

That was Friday. On Saturday, we hung around Shibetsu, prepared for church, and passed out John and Romans. Sunday, we had a meal and had a good time playing games and fellowshipping after service. On Monday, Andrea, Abigail, Anna, Victoria, and I got to ride the train to the mall in the big city. That was an adventure! 

Lots of laughing and talking. In this picture, we were eating lunch. I had accidentally dropped some spaghetti on the table and was a little embarrassed. So, I started laughing a little. Then something was said or done, I can't even remember what it was anymore. But we all just busted out laughing and couldn't stop. 

We had a good time though. We missed our train once and another time got separated from each other and one group walked around the third floor nearly three times looking for the other. Strange they missed us. We were in the puzzle shop. :D

 On Tuesday, we went to the zoo. We got to go with some Japanese friends. It was fun! I believe my favorite part was the Hokkaido animals, the giraffes, and the monkeys that were yelling. :D 
They were giving facts and talking about the giraffes when we there. He even showed us how long their tongues were. It was neat. :) 
I had to add this picture. Some of the boys were trying to scare off a crow at the polar bear exhibit.

Wednesday, we took them to the sheep farm. Shibetsu is known for their world sheep museum and so we almost always take visitors there.

Thursday, we went to Otaru. It's a port city about 4 hours south known for their old shops, brick buildings, and canal. We did lots of things. But the three biggest things we did was ride the cable car, make music boxes...
and get stopped by LOTS of people because we rented kimonos for a few hours. That was an interesting, exciting, occasionally slightly embarrassing event. I really liked wearing the kimono and they even had one in my favorite color. I was so happy! :D 
For as long as I can remember, I have tried to not seem like a tourist here. I've lived here pretty much all my life. And even though I'm American I don't want people to think I'm just a visitor and don't know anything. I realize now it's mostly pride. And it doesn't really matter what they think. But, I have a really hard time with that. So, during the time my friends were here I was occasionally struggling with that. They were, basically, tourists. Having lots of fun. And I was with them. 
 I was put out my comfort zone, but I tried to have a good attitude. And now I have to say it was a good experience and I had an awesome time. 
Me and Anna. She loves milk. :D 
We had people telling us we were cute, pretty, or beautiful. People really liked seeing the kimonos on us and quite a few asked to take pictures of us or with us. Sometimes it was quite funny.
Isn't my Mama cute! <3 

The day before they left we packed in a lot of stuff and even stayed up till 2. : o
We got to talk and play games with some missionary friends for a little bit and then we went bowling!

We had a great time and I'm so thankful to Andrea, Abigail, and Anna for coming! 

So, which of the places would you want to go to the most? 
Would you like having you picture taken with/by lots of people?
Have you ever been a tourist?

God bless!
:)
Abigail 





3 comments:

  1. Lol. Most of the pictures of me are everyone looking at the camera...then me...paying attention to something else. :D
    Japan was an awesome place to visit! I had fun being a tourist. I'm not usually, I live a tourist trap. :D My favorite event there was probably either talking late into the night with my twin, or going to Otaru. I had such a blast!
    Abigail Bergstrom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't notice that till you mentioned it.:D
      I am so glad you got to come and that you had a great time! It was awesome! :D I think the day we went to Otaru was my favorite too. :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete