Monday, September 1, 2014

Project MK Matching skirts!

This post is picture heavy! You are forewarned. :)

Back in June, Abigail and I were working on sewing matching skirts for our Mk friends. We are the "younger set"-- pretty much growing up a lot of our lives together. Abigail was the youngest MK girl for the longest time, until one of the missionary families had a girl three years back. So, we decided to make her a skirt too, since it's fun to sew small things. ;)
We had a system--I measured, did the maths, cut, and sewed up most of the skirts, and Abigail hemmed and did the ruffles (that were on only some of them, for added length), because I sort of dislike hemming circle skirts and doing ruffles. :D But then, I discovered a trick to make hemming circle skirts easier, so I did some of the hems as well, to help speed things up.
This was the sewing process for us! I'm sorry the first picture is fuzzy-- the picture was clear, but the collage app I used was being cantankerous this morning, lol.



We wore them for part of the Missionary Summer Picnic day, and had fun doing a photo shoot!




Left to Right-- KT, Me, KL, G.W., H.M, S.M., and Abigail <3 ....I don't know why but I had so much trouble balancing on the rounded side of the bridge right then...lol!








We had fun meeting a young Japanese girl, who enjoyed hanging out with us.






















Do you see the fly on my arm? For some reason, it cracks me up really bad. lol.


The littlest girl and I ;)








We had a lot of fun making them and we were pleased how they turned out. ;) It was really easy making our own half circle skirt patterns and it was quick to sew up.
I hope you enjoyed seeing them. Have a lovely day!! <3
Victoria

5 comments:

  1. So when are you going to add Martha and Phebe to your "Girls to Make Matching Skirts For" list? Hee Hee! The skirts are lovely! Love you both bunches, Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We have actually wanted to make Martha something since last furlough, lol. We would love to make sister pieces for your little ladies someday, :D! Love you much, Victoria

      Delete
    2. P.S. But I would need their measurements, hee hee. ;)

      Delete
  2. Those skirts are sooo lovely! And so are the pictures.
    -Katja

    P.S.The pictures of the beach were really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katja! Thank you! The material caught my eye while on furlough and I liked it so much, lol.

      Delete