Monday, January 26, 2015

A Bibliophage's Mugs

Howdy, friends!
I thought I would show you today some mugs I did last week. 
Let's look in the cupboard. There's my mugs! Or actually, some of them. I have two more you can't really see, behind these three. 


This was the first mug I doodled all over. :) 
 It says: I am a librocubicularist. (In other words.... I read in bed.)
Which is true. :P After I drew it all in, I wondered if I put the hyphen at the right place... :} But when I broke it down to learn how to spell and say this word, that was how I did it, so if it's wrong-- well, hey, its just a little quirk to make it personal for me. lol. 
 Everybody can use some teal polka dots in their life, right? :P
 I always quickly scribble who made it (me) on the bottoms of my mugs, and Mama also wanted me to put the dates on these, so I did. ;)
 This is my second one. I drew just a simple line down the handle. It's a little shaky because I was free-handing it, but because it's mine, I didn't care. However, if I was to be making a mug for someone else, I would probably use a piece of paper or something to make the line straighter. 
 This was the first time I've tried writing in the mug and it worked just perfect. ;) I really like the little message inside the cup. 
 Would you believe this was drawn with black and deep blue?! So here's the thing: some colors fade a lot when I make the mugs, and some just a shade! The teal on my first mug was originally drawn in a bright aqua and the bronze-y brown color was a dark brown. I still really like teal and bronze, so I was pretty pleased with it. ;) This deep blue on my second mug turned to a gold color though! I like the gold; it goes well with the black I think, but I was really surprised! lol
Oh, and Mama says I drew the books backwards. I was thinking of, you're looking at the top of some books that are facing up. Right? But I guess maybe it is flip flop on what Americans would draw. (Books here in Japan are backwards to an American mind, but I use regular American style books way more than Japanese style, so I'm not sure why I would do it backwards?) Anyways, I thought it looked better this way, so if it's backwards, oopsies and oh well. :D 
 And it says: Beware of the Bibliophage. (aka-- bookworm)
And yes, both words are real words! You might not find them in a normal dictionary, but they will be on more comprehensive dictionaries, like online. ;) I discovered the words and liked them, so came up with a way to use them on a mug. ;) I think another fun idea I'd like to try is to have a bookworm's "dictionary definition" of the word "BOOK". Hmm... ideas!! :D 
Which mug was your favorite? 
Do you happen to consider yourself a Bibliophage or Librocubicularist?
Have you ever tried a coconut mocha? It's amazing!!
You all have a lovely day!
<3
Victoria

6 comments:

  1. The Coconut Mocha sounds absolutely delicious!!!
    I like the mugs! It looks like tons of fun to design your own taste and decorate a cup just the way you like! They are both neat... I really like the shape of the second one. Where do you get the cups?
    It was fun having you come stay last week! hope you both have a really nice day. :)
    love, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coconut mocha was really good! Maybe we'll have to add that to our list of things to do when you come over (whenever that is, lol).
      I'm glad you like the mugs! I really do enjoy coming up with designs and then drawing them. It's a lot of fun. I get my mugs from the 100 yen shop in our Saijo normally, because their selection is pretty consistent, but if there's a neat cup from Daiso then I'll get that sometimes. Daiso's is always changing, though. I use cheaper mugs because the enamel on it melts and then hardens better to coat the marker than it would if it cost more. ;)
      I had a lot of fun last week, glad you did too. :P You all have a lovely day! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, Coconut Mocha does sound amazing!!! Yummy! I think I like the second one best. :) I used to be more of a 'Bibliophage', but I don't always have the time to read and read and read, so I'm more of a 'Librocubicularist' now. :) I like all the mugs you've been doing, but honestly, I like mine the very best!!! <3 Love you!
    ~Katie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm glad you like yours, Katie. ;) I was going to put a picture of that one too on the blog but I lost all the pictures on my camera right about that time, so I don't have it anymore. :P

      Delete
  3. Love the mugs!!! They are so cute!! I think I may have to put an order in......
    Thanks for the fun post!
    Love,
    Mrs. Wilhite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Mrs. Wilhite! ;) Glad you liked the post. I have a lot of fun decorating my mugs, and thought it would be fun to share. :)

      Delete