Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Week of pictures 1




Hello! 
We have enjoyed reading the responses to the survey. :) Thank you for doing that for us! If you haven't done it yet, it's still up for you, so don't hesitate if you want to do it! :) 
We have several posts lined up, but you'll have to forgive us if they are slightly slower in coming-- we're in the middle of an exciting project! Daddy and us girls are in the process of finishing our room. We have been busy and enjoying doing that! :)
I thought I would share my photos from the first of January to the 6th. I know it's not a full week, but I have a couple extra, so it kind of makes up for that. ;) 

My first day is above. I am using little prompts to try to encourage me to take pictures out of the box (Or I would probably be taking waaaay too many just out my window, because its so beautiful, lol!) 
The first day the prompt was a New Year. We missionaries here in Hokkaido draw a family's name every Christmas for gift giving, and the family that had us gave us a bunch of wonderful art supplies. Josiah is really crafty, so he could hardly wait to break into a large set of stamps. He made that sign, and I thought it was cute, so decided to use that. If you look close, you can see the reflection of part of our house behind! 
The second day I was trying to get a picture that could represent "Thinking Over". Well lately, time and days and such has made me think about various aspects of my life... and then I noticed our kitchen clock has a very faint interesting pattern that kind of reminded me of frost. :) 

 Um... this is random. lol. Like I said, I probably take way to many pictures out of my window. ;) The colors were beautiful the other day-- I thought it was so neat how the orange rust on our neighboring farmer's shed matched the trees behind, and the shadows matched the color of the mountains, etc. 
 And another random one of our cute puppy dog. :D It was really cold this day, and she didn't want to come out of her house. 
 My theme for the third day was a Reflection of Myself. I took this in the glass enclosed entry way of our church. I wanted to go outside for a picture since I hadn't, but in the winter sometimes it's more difficult to find something that will reflect a person or shape as well.
For the fourth day I wanted to take a picture that showed open possibilities. At first I took a picture of my window, open, and thought I'd call it good, but that didn't really satisfy me. By that evening, I saw my stack of old books and thought, "What has more open possibilities than books?" I had a lot of fun taking different pictures and then adding bokeh sparkles to the picture after etc, so even though it doesn't look very professional, lol, it was enjoyable. ;) 
 The fifth day I didn't use a prompt but just took a picture of my brother Malachi working on his coding. He likes to play around and learn that technical stuff. ;) I enjoy it somewhat too but I only know the basics-- for the blog, and all. ;) 
Yesterday I wanted to take a picture "From where I stand". We are building a little staircase in our room to our loft, and I was standing on the small landing we had just built. (No stairs had been put in yet, in a sense it was "floating".) Zeb was very eager to join me, and I thought his expression was funny. :P

Do any of you enjoy photography? 
Which was your favorite picture in this post?

God bless, and have a lovely day! 
<3
Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! The pictures are wonderful and interesting and give a fun glimpse into your life as well- I think you did a great job representing your prompts too! Well Done!
    Love,
    Mrs. Wilhite

    ReplyDelete