Yesterday and today we've been busy mudding the walls in our bedroom. By supper time last night, Abigail, Daddy and I were all ready to be finished for the day to eat!
We wanted to do another Favorite Little Things post, since those are fun, and also help Abs and I to realize how many little things we really are blessed with! :)
Remember, these our our favorite things recently, so the answers to these might not be exactly be our all-time favorite thing... just what we've been liking a lot recently! If you want to see the previous ones, you can find them here (1) and here (2). Enjoy!
Victoria-- Hide Thou Me! I love that song. :D
"Sometimes I feel discouraged, and think my life in vain. I'm tempted then to murmur, and of a my lot complain. But when I think of Jesus, and all He's done for me. Then I cry, O Rock of Ages, Hide thou me. O Rock of Ages, Hide Thou me, No other Refuge, have I but thee. When life's dark vale I wander, Far, far from Thee; then I cry, O Rock of Ages, Hide Thou me."... actually I like the whole song though... so go look it up in your hymn book or listen to it being sung! :)
Abigail-- I like "Oh I Want to See Him"....
"As I journey through the land, singing as I go. Pointing souls to Calvary, to the the crimson flow. Many arrows pierce my soul, from without, within. But my Lord, leads me on, through Him I must win. Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face. There to sing forever of His saving grace! On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice. Cares all past, Home at last, ever to rejoice."
Color?
Victoria-- Blush pinks (the pink that's hardly there), lavender (like lavender ice cream or macarons!), and a kind of peachy color... yep, it's my favorite "girly" colors, lol!
Abigail-- It's called medium spring green... we saw a paint can of it. And also the gradient colors of the sunsets we have had recently-- bright reds going into deep pinks and orange-y gold. And then blue. :)
Flower?
Victoria-- English tea roses-- every color that exists, I think. :P No, I haven't seen them around lately (my last two favorite-for-right-then flowers were wildflowers, haha), but they're just so cute!
Abigail-- chamomile...and yellow miniature daffodils that we saw at the hardware store.
Bible verse?
Abigail-- Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in they sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in they sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Snack?
Victoria-- Hmm. Baked Apples, and vanilla ice cream. (I have trouble with my braces sometimes, and I can eat those things easy, lol!)
Abigail-- mikans :D (tangerines)
Drink?
Victoria-- Just regular cold water! :P Also, Tea (peppermint or gingerbread) with a bit of milk. Or coconut mocha. Hehe. :D
Abigail-- milk, chamomile tea, and water ;)
Projects?
Victoria-- I finished the book I wrote during November! :D .... Well, the first draft, anyways, lol. Am still working on other books though. Also, doing finishing work on our bedroom. Organizing things. ;)
Abigail--mudding our bedroom.... :D
Looking forward to?
Victoria-- Getting our room completed! That will be so much fun to see it done!
Abigail-- Yes! Painting our room and getting it all done and having a missionary family over for dinner tonight.
Game?
Victoria-- I haven't played a game in a little while... but I did play Ticket to Ride with some special friends when we spent some time at their house, and ate home made soft pretzels, and that was fun. :)
Abigail-- a world geography quiz game on the ipad
Book?
Victoria-- I finished reading the third book in a collection of four of some really old books-- The Camp Fire Boys, they're called. Written in the 1920's, they are so funny, and interesting. I'm afraid though, that you probably can't find it should you be wanting to read it. We bought one of the original 1923 copies (of four books in one) for $7 at a used book warehouse in Indiana, and they don't sell them anymore except for possibly used, as far as I'm aware.
Abigail--"Pollyanna" and "Pollyanna Grows Up", but my favorite that I've read most recently is the first draft of one of Victoria's books. ;D
Small thing we've done recently that we really enjoyed?
Victoria-- Hmm... this will sound silly, but I've enjoyed making lists. Of various sorts. :D Playlists of music for my books, lists of projects I want to do, etc, etc, etc! :P Also taking pictures of the moon-- and then yesterday, I took some of a planet/star and that was so beautiful seeing it through the zoom.
Abigail-- Talking with Daddy, Mama, Victoria, and Malachi (at different times), and watching the moon rise.
Alright, now-- here are some funny/interesting/random moments I thought I'd share!
Victoria:
1. Watching my 10 year old class student trying to pronounce her "r"s just like me... she's so cute. ;)
2. My 6 year old class student's antics! lol. This week it was trying to clip a pen on his nose. I couldn't keep from laughing, it was so funny.
3. My eyes watering up when I write my book. I suppose that's good since it was a sad scene (especially since I'm not really emotional when it comes to reading/watching movies etc) but it was a little bit embarrassing with my brothers in the room. :P I don't think they noticed, however. Whew!
4. Putty caking up on my fingers. :) I know I'm weird, but I like getting dirty when I work.
5. Reading my Bible and being so curious about the people that are mentioned but you don't know much about-- Epaphras, Archippus, Silvanus, Tychicus, Justin, Jason, Cornelius, Rhoda, Aquila, Priscilla, the elect lady, and her children-- Abashai, Shallum and his daughters, Elihu... Don't you just want to know more about them!?
Abigail:
1. Zebulun putting on my brightly colored striped fuzzy socks. :D
2. Working on a project for school, I keep thinking about all the things I'm thankful about in each person in my family. I'm so thankful that I can be close to each of my siblings and my parents. :)
3. Changing my mind about whether we need a dessert or not when Victoria names the one she wanted to make... :D I thought we didn't need one, till she said it.
Alrighty!
Well you all have a lovely day!
Do you have a job or part time job?
Abigail doesn't, but I teach English as a second language here in our building.
Are you stoic or emotional when it comes to reading books or seeing movies?
I'm emotional inside, but keep it straight outside. So nobody knows. Hehe. :D
Abigail is the epitome of emotions. ;) Just kidding. But she is rather emotional.
Later,
Victoria and Abigail
P.S. We are having a bit of technical difficulties recently, so some posts might be slow in coming. Apologies in advance for that!
Abigail:
1. Zebulun putting on my brightly colored striped fuzzy socks. :D
2. Working on a project for school, I keep thinking about all the things I'm thankful about in each person in my family. I'm so thankful that I can be close to each of my siblings and my parents. :)
3. Changing my mind about whether we need a dessert or not when Victoria names the one she wanted to make... :D I thought we didn't need one, till she said it.
Alrighty!
Well you all have a lovely day!
Do you have a job or part time job?
Abigail doesn't, but I teach English as a second language here in our building.
Are you stoic or emotional when it comes to reading books or seeing movies?
I'm emotional inside, but keep it straight outside. So nobody knows. Hehe. :D
Abigail is the epitome of emotions. ;) Just kidding. But she is rather emotional.
Later,
Victoria and Abigail
P.S. We are having a bit of technical difficulties recently, so some posts might be slow in coming. Apologies in advance for that!
.jpg)

Great job Ladies! It's always interesting to hear what is going on in your world! :) the song that stays stuck in my head right now is "He maketh no mistake"
ReplyDeleteBible Verse the Lord keeps bringing across my path would be Isaiah 41:10
Projects- hmmmm that's an easy one- furlough prep. Love the list idea- maybe I should do something like that on my blog- in my spare time, lol.
It was wonderful to see you all and visit with you last week!!
Hugs,
Mrs. Wilhite
Hi, Mrs. Wilhite! We enjoyed having you all over too! :) Praying for you with your "project" :D We'll miss you!
DeleteAnother fun look into your girls' lives! So much to absorb and I might not remember but appreciate the view!! God bless you!
ReplyDeleteHaha, glad you liked it! :) My favorites always fluctuate because I like so much, so I am pretty hard to keep track of I guess. :D God bless you, too! ;)
Delete